Friday, October 12, 2012

My student organization

The student organization I am involved in is Habitat for Humanity. Habitat is a non profit organization ran by volunteers of the community. Their mission is to build homes for under privileged families. I chose to be apart of this organization to not only make the community a better place but it also helps to make me a better person. I am able to be selfless and do something for someone else that will change their life. I attended a picnic/meeting to get to know all of the members and get a better understanding for their cause on the 15th of September around noon. I also attended a meeting on November 2nd at 9pm in Kamm. This meeting was about what events and build dates are coming up.. The organization is somewhat formal during meetings but there is informal gatherings to "bond."After attending both of these meetings I could tell this is something I am very interested in. What draws me to habitat is the sense of community and doing something for the greater good.

2 comments:

  1. Will there be another meeting for new members in the spring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! Where are you guys going to be building?

    ReplyDelete