Thursday, November 22, 2012

The New Me

One thing that has changed me throughout the this first semester of college is my perspective on my academics. At BW I have gained a new appreciation for my school work. I have this realization that what I am doing really matters and I am building and creating my future. Its now more of an inner responsibility I have to please myself with my academics.  In high school I always wanted to get good grades and cared about my studies but I didn't do it for myself, I did it for getting in to college and my parents. I guess what spurred this is realizing I am here because I want to be here and I chose this path so I need to make the most of it and get everything I possibly can out of my experience. This has definitely been a positive change. I am growing as an adult and making a choice to get the most out of my education.

Another thing that has changed is that I have improved  my organizing skills. When I was at home I was very unorganized and kept my room messy. Now I can not focus in my dorm room when it is messy. My room must be clean and organized if I want to get any of my homework done. I also learned I can't do homework unless I am in my dorm room. I can't focus in the library or the lounge. What spurred this change is only having a small space and trying to work in a cluttered area. I think this is a positive change because I am now neat and organized.


My last change is my attitude toward home life. Before I left for school all I could think about is leaving and getting away. However, being away I realized how much I miss home. Every time I go home I am so thankful to see my family and friends. What spurred this change is going away to college and not being with my friends and family. This is an overall a positive but sometimes negative change. Mostly positive because I have grown to really appreciate everyone. It is also negative because I miss my family and friends while Im at school.

2 comments:

  1. I am the total opposite with my room. It used to be super clean now it's a bit messy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with my family and friends. You almost don't realize how important and great they are until you're away from them!

    ReplyDelete